Working at Bayer
Procurement Trainee Program
Our international trainee program will give you a broad overview of the role and tasks of our procurement function. Our global procurement experts play a key role in realizing innovative sourcing solutions and are vital to ensure a smart and efficient supply chain. They work constructively with various business partners in all business areas at Bayer and with suppliers in a competitive international environment. In addition, they are responsible for ensuring that procurement complies with our sustainability standards. This is why we are constantly looking for new talents to join our international procurement trainee program.
Length, starting point and content of the trainee program
- The 24-month program provides training at your Bayer home base and abroad.
- Program stations in different Procurement areas, e.g. Strategic Sourcing, Transactional Purchasing and Procurement Solutions as well as international assignment.
- Each program station of 3 - 6 months will incorporate defined tasks and responsibilities.
- Flexible starting date in summer / fall.
- Mentoring by an experienced Senior Bayer Procurement Manager.
- You have a first class graduation (Master/Diploma/PhD) in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Engineering or Science)
- You have practical experiences, ideally in the procurement area and preferably, spent some time studying abroad and gained initial international experience, e.g. through internships.
- For this international program you must be able to speak and write English fluently.
- You will fit in particularly well with Bayer if you share our passion to innovate and want your ideas to bring about change.
- Team spirit, initiative, good communication skills and a strategic mindset are important.
- You also need to be flexible and mobile, with a sense of responsibility and an interest in finding solutions.Other preferred attributes include a business mindset and leadership aspirations.
How to develop and realize careers at Bayer?
Together with your mentor and the respective HR Business Partner, you will identify individual career perspectives, exchange feedback on your performance and agree on development measures.
From the very beginning, excellent contribution will be rewarded. This comprises not only a highly competitive compensation package but also dedicated career perspectives with attractive job opportunities within the Bayer Group.
We are committed to jointly build on the various aspects of your employability profile and proactively identify and realize your individual "best-fit" career perspective after having successfully passed the 2-year-Trainee Program.
Applying for the program
If you are interested in this program, please send us your application online including your possible entry date and the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- School and academic certificates
- Internship certificates
- Periods of work / study abroad
Please note that the application process is closed at the moment. The date for the next application phase will be published here. In the meantime you may register your details with us and configure your personal job alert to be notified as soon as we publish a new suitable vacancy.
If you have any questions about the Procurement Trainee Program, please contact:
Phone: +49 (214) 30 99 779